Highlights: Resolina heads to Northern Mirkwood
March 6th - March 11th
Strongholds of the North: Or how I like calling it Northern Mirkwood, is a very beautiful place to look around. It follows the route of the Fellowship in The Hobbit as they venture to Erebor. Other known places you will come to know are Dale, Felegoth, and Lake-town. Seeing it is a new quest pack, I figured I would go over some details to sort of worn people of what you might be getting into. It is just as challenging as Mordor and some of the quests will drain your soul trying to find them with the buggy map and no quest focus in The Hall Under the Mountain.
- A captain can summon you there if you are level 90 or above.
- Felegoth: An empty apple barrel is located to the left-side of the kinhouse, next to the Mordor door. It will take you to the river by the entrance to the wood-elves. The barrel acts like the "drunk" kegs where it transports after a couple seconds. You can obtain it once friendly to the Elves reputation.
- Dale: There is a return skill at the Men of Dale barterer by the keep in the northeast of the town. You must have acquaintance (friendly until they fix it) status to trade for it.
- Erebor: If you have started the Allegiances of Mordor, you can travel to the Hall Under the Mountain every 5 minutes. Exiting the doors there will take you to the outside of Northern Mirkwood like how Hall of the King takes you to Minas Tirith.
- Eryn Lasgalen: Within the region of Emyn Lûm in Southern Mirkwood is a stable that will take you just outside the forests of the region. You can use your Return Skill to Mirkwood that takes you to Ost Galadh. (Note: This is a different destination than the Hunter's Guide to Mirkwood)
This will be the only time you will see it this bright.
Quests/Deeds: The lotro wiki has updated some of the quests but there is a lot there that might be confusing. If you haven't figured it out by now, the quests are divided up into three categories: Elves, Humans, Dwarves. There is a nice deed guide posted on the forums. Some things you need to know:
- Once you are level 115, you should automatically get the quest Introduction: Northern Mirkwood that shows you how to get there.
- The Black Book of Mordor chapters 5 and 6 are out. You get an awesome reward at the end of each chapter, item level 340 teal cloak and chest, and 1 more trait point. As usual, it runs parallel to the quests so I don't see an issue in the order you do them.
- A item level 340 teal leggings can be gotten after doing the epilogue for the dwarves. For Thorog and Bregmor's bones, respective quests will be offered to advance the objective. For Draigoch's bones, visiting the cave entrance in Enedwaith at [67.3S, 6.6W] is sufficient.
- Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is a hidden deed for finding 20 fish trophies in Lake Town. The only one that I didn't get through quest areas was the one in the barbershop.
- When following The Path of the Fellowship, the 4th one Where Bilbo climbed above the trees, click on a sturdy branch at the coordinates on the guide.
- When visiting Caras Tilion, be extra careful. Low tactical mitigations can make taking on two shadow guys at the same time very risky. The rez circle is a long ways off. Also don't try to move around the outer perimeter. You might just fall into a crack you can't get out of.
- The instance Acolyte of the Necromancer at Caras Tilion pits you up against 2 and then another 2 shadow guys. The good news is another person can join you using the Reflecting Pool in Felegoth.
- The instance Deep in the Darkening Wood following the quest of "Saving Sterkist" is a very challenging private instance. Here are some pointers:
- Let the beorning tank. He will hold up to 4 targets at a time. Pick the guys off one at a time.
- You can heal the beorning.
- The final boss is across the log bridge. Your friends will not move. You can try to bring the boss down by yourself or bring the boss across the log bridge to your beorning tank. Once the boss loses around 20% health, 2 elves will come. They will stun the boss and instantly kill the two Taurogrims.
- Once the boss dies talk to the elf as fast as possible, once to finish the quest and again to travel. He should appear where the initial boss was. More Taurogrims will come and attack your beorning friend. You don't want her to die and fail your quest.
- Goat of the Crimson Guard is the meta reward. You can see what it looks like in your mount collection. It requires pretty much everything, including the deed for doing the dailies 100 times.
- There is a new fishing deed Lake-Master. You catch 21 different kinds of fish which all seem to come from any water source in Northern Mirkwood. However, you will note a "Wait for the taxidermist to return from her fishing trip" at the end of the deed. I have yet to catch all of them but reports say you only get the title right now.
I wonder what they have been doing this past century
Bugs: There is a long list of Update 22 Issues. For some quick problems (and some not listed), I'll list some below:
- The map is about an inch off.
- "Lootable" chests always flash.
- "Grant the Lecture Emote" isn't usable. I'd keep it until they fix the problem.
- Some dailies, and the 10 daily wrapper quest, is broken. Without a wrapper quest, 1 token each doesn't seem fair.
- The quest "Forging Trust" doesn't show the 4th Mistrustful Dwarf. Drop the quest and start again. He will pop up dead-center of the hallway.
- Hunter Guide to Dale icon is the same as Guide to Udun Foothold
- Tokens of the Lake and Rivers has the Mordor signet icon in the premium wallet.
- Various places have String Table errors in the chat.
- Reputation titles still have TBD under their description.
- Ruins of the North deed actually has 10 locations. The 10th ruins called Garthness located west of Lake-town and north of Vithog's Lodge at [19.8N, 29.7W].
- Dale Travel skills require Friendly status instead of Acquanintance.
- Creep Items are being included in the Gorgoroth lootboxes.
- An Incident in the Camps is in the instance list twice at the reflecting pool. The second one is actually "The Reach of Justice" instance.
Reputation Barter Items: There are three vendors, each with their own system. Doing the quests, and maybe the deeds too, will get you enough reputation to reach Friendly status. Tasks, the three scourges, and all the dailies can also help boost tokens and reputation. Like Central Gondor, you do get an ultimate pet reward for hitting kindred status. There is also gear and essence rewards I won't include below. I'm going to add a star system to tell you which rewards I like. For pictures, visit this website (its in a foreign language). Decorations cost 20-30, Outfits & Travel 30, Pet 75. You will not get enough tokens through the quests and deeds alone. You will need an alt or do daily quests.
- Men of Dale, located northeast of Dale by keep:
- ***Dale Guard Property Pet
- ***Laketown Outhouse - I've placed it by the crafting centers at the kinhouse but I might decide to change back.
- *Statue of Brand
- **Banner of Dale
- **Banner of Laketown
- *Double Dragon Wall Carving
- *Dragon Wall Carving
- ****Dale Theme - It currently can be heard in the kinhouse
- ****Tome of the Smaug Kite - Check your pet collection (shift + c) for a preview
- Dwarves of Erebor, left side of Hall Under the Mountain:
- *Statue of Dain
- **Monument to Thorin
- ***Banner of Erebor
- *Secret Keyhole
- **Dis Circlet
- **Dis Spare Cauldrons
- **Dis Spare Coat and Pauldrons
- ****Tome of Thrush - Its a tiny bird.
- Elves of Felegoth, middle of Felegoth:
- ***Mirkwood Soldier - Property Guard
- *Felegoth Wall Conce Single
- **Felegoth Wall Conce
- **Beech Leaves Floor - Don't bother. You get a free one from the Explorer deed.
- **Riverstone Floor - Nice if you set up your house with rocks in mind.
- *Mirkwood Theme - Interesting but gets annoying after awhile
- ***Felegoth Candelier - Awesome, but huge; See it in the kinhouse big room
- ***Felegoth Hanging Flowers - Also Awesome, also huge; Also in kinhouse big room. Watch for the long rope when placing.
- **Felegoth White Flower
- *Felegoth Orange Flower
- *Felegoth Crystal Planter
- **Felegoth Flower Planter
- **Felegoth Standing Flower Lamp
- **Felegoth Standing Flower Lamp with Crystal
- ***Empty Apple Barrel - One is located inside the kinhouse by the Mordor door
- **Tome of the Dale Calf
- All barters:
- *Small Map of Lothlorien - I have not bought it but it seems to be a map of the forest with the new art design.
- ***Small Map of Rhovanion - New art design of everything together.
- **Small Map of Rohan - New art design of Isengard to The East Wall without the forest
- *Exquisite Elven Fishing Rod - Don't bother. It adds 2 over the Rohirric Fishing Rod and costs 45 tokens. No cosmetic difference.
- Note: They added new cosmetics to the Keeper of Mysteries Mordor Vendor. The Slayer's Raiment Set now costs 700 or 1000 ash each.
by Resolina on 2018-03-11 09:56:58
No comments yet.