Lord of the Rings Online MisAdventures
Highlights: The Goal to Level 15, PvMP links, Guide to Light of Earendil Endgame
Thanks to the gift of Bizinga's two-month VIP, I've spent a lot of time checking out all the perks that come with it. One of them is having access to the legendary servers Anor and Ithil. Now, SSG did their best explaining what is included on Legendary Servers. And thankfully it isn't like World of Warcraft's Classic servers where they left in all those "non-bugs". Although the wiki shows what you can obtain including frames on all characters on the account, it doesn't exactly explain how to get them. There are also a lot of things they don't explain until you make a character. So let me weave you a story of my time getting to the first frame and why I don't think I will be continuing.
Anor is the first server and has the bulk of players. This means that there are more serious and aggressive players like on Arkenstone while having a larger population. So I decided to go with Ithil. I named my character Bomani simply because someone already claimed that name on Landroval (Play on words - Mo' Money). I chose a hunter simply because it is the fastest with its range attacks and has the perks of +15%... More
by Resolina on 2020-02-13 03:33:45
Resolina's Letter #3 (2/7/2020)
Deeds You Might Have Missed
There comes a point in every player's life that you have to wonder - Did I miss anything? There are plenty of Easter Eggs and Secret Spots to explore. Once you hit level 90 you can go back and get all those Treasure Caches and Roving Threats deeds. But there are a few specific deeds that aren't required to finish the area's meta deed. Some deeds are hidden until you achieve them. I'd like to highlight a few of those. Title Deeds are deeds that are listed in your deed log (Access using Shift + L) without offering lotro points. Hidden Deeds are deeds that do.
- Race & Social > Undefeated Deeds: By the time you learn of these deeds it is probably too late. If you managed to stay alive past a certain level, you will obtain one of these titles. Reach level 20 without dying and you obtain The Undying.
- Race & Social > Food Eating Deeds: Did you eat the Barrow-brie? Did you eat all the food the hobbits gave you in the Shire? One thing you might not have known about is the Pie-Eating Competition in the Bree Festival Grounds. Whip up some items yourself or find a local cook in the kinship that can provide you the food most of these... More
by Resolina on 2020-02-07 02:41:56
Resolina's Letter #2 (1/25/2020)
Knowing your Cosmetics
If you quit right after Helm's Deep was released in 2014 and just now returning back to the game, you might have missed a few things. This section will cover the wonderful world of cosmetics (that are in the game, not that stuff you use to dress your face).
General Cosmetic Locations:
- Bingo Boffin: Check each barter location after each zone for different rewards. 52 Quests in total; Starts [33.0S, 75.1W] at Michel Delving from levels 8 to 93.
- Festivals: Click on the latest year of each festival on the wiki link for a list of quests and rewards; Check the Event Scheduler on the forum for upcoming events and dates.
- Skirmish Camp: There are also a few miscellaneous decorations tucked within certain categories in the "Classics" barterer.
- Cosmetic Barterer: A barterer will always be trading the latest cosmetics for Figments of Splendour (which can be obtained from festivals or traded from Embers/Motes of Enchantment) at Bree in Bree-land, by the Boar Fountain [30.3S, 51.1W], Galtrev in Dunland [80.2S, 16.8W], or Skarháld in Ered Mithrin [34.7N, 45.4W]. If you pay attention to the Lotro Beacon (where they offer the weekly code), they... More
by Resolina on 2020-02-05 12:48:03
Resolina's Letter #1 (1/21/2020)
Getting to know the Kinhouse
Once you join our kinship, you will automatically gain access to our kinhouse located at Tol Lochul Island, Saerath Belfalas Homesteads. The skill should already be added to your Quickslots somewhere. Otherwise you can add the button by going to "Skills" ('K') and drag down "Travel to Kinship House" under "Active" tab & "Travel Skills" submenu. There is an hour cooldown once you use it. It does not share the same cooldown with your "Travel to Personal House" skill.
It's physical location is located within the level 100 area of Western Gondor. If by some chance you want to reach the Belfalas Housing District without using the travel skill, you can:
- Use the "To the Cape of Belfalas" Horse next to the Dol Amroth Stable Horse.
- Use the Far-Ranging Stable and travel to "Cape of Belfalas Homestead Neighbourhood" at the very bottom of the list within any housing district
- Tour any house within Belfalas Housing Neighborhoods (preferably on Cypress or Cliff Road if you desire to immediately leave and enter into another neighborhood) from Nothwen at the Boar Fountain in Bree, south of the Prancing Pony.
Once you use the ability, you... More
by Resolina on 2020-01-22 11:56:55
Highlights: Decorating some houses, New stable, Curator changes, Memorial
Houses: So I've taken it upon myself to decorate a few houses. I have sent off plenty of care packages to new members of the kin with flowers, carpets, and a couple of pets depending on their level and if it is their first time buying a house. I've even given some decorating advice to a couple. I've made a few posts in the past that list where my homes are located and what you might find in them. I even posted the many times I've redecorated the kinhouse. But I'd like to make a blog post about some recent renovations I've made. Some are still a work-in-progress since not all decorations can be given away. There are some much rarer decorations, like the ones from festivals or Bingo Boffin questline, that I'm not always able to grab. (Remember you can always open up the image full resolution in a new window).
Ardian's House, 3 Fountain Street Foxlin Bree-house Homestead: Inside the main room houses a comfortable setting with Candaith and a Rohirrim Chair sporting three shields. There is a brief table that has a bowl of rasberries and a couple of reading books. The living room has a couple of curious fish trophies and the Portrait... More
by Resolina on 2020-01-16 08:30:54
Highlights: Anvil of Winterstitch Progress
Anvil of Winterstitch: For several months we have attempted to finish this raid. In all honesty, I didn't think we would ever get past the first boss. SSG has tweaked the encounter so many times to fit their Tier 2 and Tier 3 experience that a lot of us that are still trying to get through Tier 1 were left behind. Now that Minas Morgul came out and stats have doubled once again, we can now say we managed to get past the first boss. Of course we weren't able to complete the instance. Away Shall Fade is known for having fun and you could say that there were some level 130s carrying a few of us undergeared minions through the instance. Some might say it is because we had all sorts of people from First Age Fun. Others might say it was because we had the luck of a new recruit. But we all must agree that it will definitely not be because Elaelin was on vacation. So what happened?
"If only we had the Blessing of Elaelin, we could fall off cliffs and lose our way more often." - Fanrel
Roster: It started when our new recruit Grimbori was hoping to run something, anything. We recruited Rinri but he kept having issues with his Internet connection and Ventrilo.... More
by Resolina on 2019-12-23 04:42:01
Highlights: Minas Morgul Decorations added to the Kinhouse & General News
News: For the last couple months, things have been pretty hectic. A few PvMP battles here. A few instance runs there. September 16th we had Tale of the Shipwrecked Mariner for Pirate's Day, September 20th Bilbo's Birthday, September 26th Summer Festival Encore, October 15th Harvestmath Festival, and October 18th Durin's Day. Then we had the Minas Morgul expansion October 29th. Some people have already hit level 130 and completed the expansion within the month of its release. While others, me included, are waiting for the expansion to be released for lotro points in March 2020. Black Friday sales brought the Curator for a brief time with its new Training Dummy. Yule Festival is just around the corner, December 12th.
Kinhouse: However there was still something that had to be attended to at the kinhouse. After the lava party, items were still setup pretty crazy. That was way back September 15th. It was time to add a few things gathered from the festivals and the expansion. I'm still not quite "satisfied" with some of the changes I made since I can see them arranged in any number of different spots. But for the time being I will... More
by Resolina on 2019-12-03 02:49:20
Highlights: Preparations for Resolina's Floor is Lava Event
Script (Set title to: Caretaker of the Forgotten Treasury)
- Please come in and stay on the carpet for the time being. Everything will be explained shortly.
- Welcome to Resolina's "Drunken Wizard Magic" race to save the kinhouse! I am your host, Resolina! --- Hatric told me to say that.
- Last night someone came in, calling himself a "wizard", asked for some of our finest ale for him and his friends. Afterwards we found the place a mess, literally. Though, I guess you wouldn't really expect it any other way...
- I should have known better than to serve a bunch of stout axe dwarves. Just a bunch of lazy rune-keepers if you ask me. "Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, can stop them!" they kept shouting. Just look at this place!
- You must strive to put right what once went wrong by imbuing a special crystal and placing it inside an ancient elvish artifact. Grab a shard from the Moria Geode in the right wing and hand it to the High Elf in the left wing (just touch the decorations). Then reach the artifact at the very end in the center chamber.
- Rewards: There will be a total of six optional rewards given out to the first three players... More
by Resolina on 2019-09-15 11:46:54
Highlights: Kinparty Script for the 'Title and Deed' Event
First Event (Eggs and Onions, Complete Hobbit Breakfast, Delicious Crispy Bacon, Hobbiton Omelet)
- Welcome one and all to Hatric's Title and Food! I am your host, Hatric! (/cheer)
- Periodically throughout the day, I'll be providing free sustenance right here at Away Shall Fade Island. Eating all the items will provide you with the current title displayed above my hat.
- Whether or not you already have this title, you can choose to skip out on the food or pass it along to one of your other characters. Just make sure you are at least level 40. Be considerate for I have enough for around 15 attendees.
- As food gets passed around, I will ask everyone in attendance to show off a title from a certain category. It will test both your successes in Middle-Earth and knowledge of yours truly. If yours matches one of my top favorite choices, you win a prize! (While supplies last)
- I will then decide on a person whose title I liked the most for one... *heh* special prize. Before we begin I'll need two volunteers to that are good at splitting items apart to come on up, begin a trade with me, and pass out the food.
- The current title is: "Breakfast... More
by Resolina on 2019-09-15 08:33:41
Information: So it seems every now and then the kinship gets together and does a list of things for a full day. And this day happened to be September 14, 2019. Even though there wasn't much emphasis on prize giveaways to these contests, we still had loads of fun even if things didn't go exactly as planned. Let's take a look at some of the activities and a few pictures to go along with them.
3:00PM - 3:30PM Title and Deed Part 1. One of my suggestions from the last party was to share food with everyone for the deeds. There are technically 6 deeds even though I was only able to pass out food for one deed at a time. The first title "Breakfast Connoisseur" consists of eating 9 of each item - Eggs and Onions, Complete Hobbit Breakfast, Delicious Crispy Bacon, and Hobbiton Omelet. People slowly trickled in for the first ten minutes.
3:30PM - 3:50PM Rider Contest. Birle hosted the next event. Finnok tried to "up-stage" everyone to the bigger area up the hill but the Theatre Stage down below seemed to work just fine. Feega's "Bloom", Resolina's "Fluttershy", Viradriel's "Fracks", Rennenkampff, and Kandrula's "Eglantine" were all shown.
3:50PM - 4:00PM Parade. The kinship gets their... More
by Resolina on 2019-09-15 06:59:20